What is Frexus®?
Frexus® is a powerful chlorine-based disinfectant that can be used on inanimate objects and surfaces to kill harmful micro-organisms.
For more information on the product:
Why use Frexus®?
External laboratory testing has confirmed that a 0.1% ( 1000 ppm) available chlorine solution prepared with Frexus® granules is capable of killing 99.99% of bacteria within 3 minutes.
This high level of bactericidal efficacy has allowed Frexus® to be certified as a disinfectant suitable for the Food & Beverage Industry by the NRCS under Act 5 of 2009. It also carries SANS 1827 and 1853 certification for use in water treatment in the Food & Beverage Industry.
Where can Frexus® be used?
A chlorine solution prepared with Frexus® can be used to disinfect inanimate surfaces and objects such as:
- Roads, pavements and sidewalks
- Table tops and working surfaces, shelves and racks
- Equipment and utensils
How to use Frexus®?
With the use of any disinfectant product, there are two factors that determine how effective the disinfection will be:
- The concentration of the disinfectant when it is applied
- Contact time – how long the disinfectant is contact with the surface it is applied to.
Instructions on the labels of all Frexus® products indicate how to prepare different concentrations of chlorine solutions and how long they should be applied to surfaces in order to kill various micro-organisms.
For hard surface disinfection, we recommend a 0.1% (1000 ppm) available chlorine solution with a contact time of at least 3 minutes.
The following table explains how to prepare a 0.1% (1000 ppm) available chlorine solution with Frexus® granules:
Volume of solution
Amount of Frexus® granules to add:
* tsp = teaspoon (1 tsp = 5 grams Frexus® granules)
* cup = 250 g
Preparing a chlorine solution of Frexus® for hard surface disinfection:
- Always use a clean plastic container to prepare the solution in.
- Fill the container with clean water according to the desired volume, ensure the water is at room temperature (NEVER use warm/boiling water to prepare a chlorine solution).
- Add the required amount of Frexus® to the water (refer to dosage table).
- Use a wooden/plastic/stainless steel spoon/rod to stir the water to assist the dissolution.
- Ensure all Frexus® granules have dissolved before the solution is used.
- Pour the solution into a suitable container for use, e.g. a spray bottle.
- After use, any leftover solution can be poured down the drain.
- Do not leave the solution to stand for more than 24 hours before use and rinse all containers after use.
Disinfecting hard surfaces:
- Wipe the surface to be disinfected to remove all visible dirt or soil.
- Spray the solution onto the surface and wipe using a clean cloth or sponge.
- Allow the surface to dry before use.
- IMPORTANT: chlorine is corrosive to metals, rinse all metal surfaces or components with clean water after the 3 minute contact time.
WARNINGS & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Please read and follow the label instructions on the Frexus® products and refer to the safety datasheet for any other safety information.
Frexus® Granular SDS
- Always use Frexus® in a room that is well-ventilated.
- Keep Frexus® away from children, pets and uninformed persons.
- Always store Frexus® in a well-ventilated area at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight.
- Do not mix Frexus® or the prepared chlorine solution with any other chemicals, e.g. other cleaning products, ammonia, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, etc.
- Never use Frexus® chlorine solution on visibly soiled surfaces.
- Frexus® and chlorine solutions of Frexus® may bleach fabrics and corrode metal surfaces.
- Frexus® is not registered with the department of Agriculture as a swimming pool remedy and can therefore not be applied as a disinfectant of swimming pool water.
Where can Frexus® be purchased?
Please contact our sales representatives in the following areas for more information:
Inland Regions: Cape & Coastal Regions:
Wynand Behr Calvin Letcher
(+27) 71 353 5658 (+27) 82 498 7566
Or complete our product request form and one of our sales representatives will contact you as soon as possible: